In 2007, I made the trip from Zambia to Canada as a student at Ambrose University in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have since worked as a counsellor and as a pastor in Calgary, Alberta. I am now a registered student-at-law with the Law Society of Alberta (LSA).
As a student-at-law, I must do a term of articles to satisfy requirements for the call to the bar in the Province of Alberta. On March 1st 2015, I started my first two-month composite articling position with Kubitz and Company, a personal injury law firm based in Calgary. My principal was Mr. Walter Kubitz, Q.C. In May 2015, I articled at Howard Law Office for a month. Ms. Claire McMordie of West End Legal Centre (WELC) in Calgary offered me a term of articles starting July 2, 2015. At WELC I work with both Claire and her partner M. Jenny McMordie in the areas of civil litigation, wills and estates, and corporate-commercial law. My prospective areas of practice after my bar call are those that are closely connected to social justice, constitutionalism and the rule of law.
On this website, using a multi-disciplinary approach, I combine a passion for law, theology, history and politics to reflect on issues affecting both personal and national development in Zambia, Canada and the rest of the world. I do this with the conviction that our true greatness lies ahead of us. I also passionately believe that we owe a duty to the next generation to do all we can to make their world a better world.
As a child growing up in different parts of my native Zambia, my school-teacher father modelled before us what it meant to be dedicated to country and public service. In 2001, after college graduation, I served as an instructor and eventually as principal of a theological college in Zambia. I have served in ordained ministry since 2004.
- Master of Laws (LLM), Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois (2015)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Law, University of Wales (2015). Dissertation Topic: “Motivation in a Religious Organization: The Case of Evangel Christian Assembly.” The dissertation can be downloaded here: Elias Munshya University of Wales Dissertation
- Master of Arts (Counselling), Providence University College, Manitoba, Canada (2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Honours), University of Northumbria , England, Second Class Honours, First Division (2:1) (2012)
- Master of Divinity, Ambrose University , Calgary, AB, Canada, Cum Laude, Valedictorian (2009)
- Master of Arts (Leadership), Global School of Theology, Cape Town, South Africa (2005)
- Bachelor of Arts (Theology), Swaziland College of Theology & Global University (MO, USA), graduated with highest class GPA (2000)
Click here to read all my articles.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH, BELOW